Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Well this one's a bit more personal than most. This is an older one from highschool. Yeah, it's kinda....there. So I'll say not more about it, take it as you will.

There is a wall inside of me

A line in the sand I cannot cross

I try

You must know that I try

But the wall is made of glass

Not clear, but tinted so that I can see out

But no one can see in without having their face pressed against it

And it’s slippery as hell

I can’t climb it; I just slide down the surface

There are no handholds, no marks in the shiny facade

Sometimes I forget it’s there and run for the field beyond

Only to smash into the crystalline wall like a crow flying into a window doused with Windex

Like one of those silly TV commercials

How do people see me?

Do I seem cold behind my wall?

Once, it protected me

Now, it only imprisons me

For I have lost the key that opens the door

And behind my wall I am alone

I feel….

But I cannot escape

….or is it that I fear to leave?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home