Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Ok, so I'm back. Probably isn't news to any of you at this point. Trip was awsome! But now to business, I've decided the time is right for this. I must start by appologizing with all my heart for that which you are about to read, so *disclaimer* if anyone suffers mental, physical, or emotional damage due to this poem, it is of no fault of the author and you cannot sue/kill her. *disclaimer done* Ok, you have been warned. What follows is one of the more painful pieces of poetry that you will read on this blog. Painful to you, the reader, that is, not to me...i'm just laughing at you in an evil way. Mwahaha. Ok, now I'm getting criptic. Sorry, I'm tired. This poem was written after some of what I considered my best stuff (the last poem I posted, for example) did not make it into Hard Freight. So I adopted their style and wrote a poem to mock them, and to prove that I could write in that style if I so chose (which I don't). So you've read my best, now experiance my intentional worst. Sit back, relax, and prepare yourself for the ultimate suffering that is....

Artisticness

Where art thou?

Where art thou oh muse,

Oh goddess of the higher forms

An inspiration to idealized light

Randomness plays

Free in the space

As narrow as a penny

A penny on its side

Images connected

Together color

And sounds

Memories mix emotions

Run free

Nonsense melting

Down in rainbows

Like crayons

In the sun

Lying on

The sand at noon

Floating through the waves

Colored

At sunset

Like rose petals

Glistening

The sky

Fading color

Melting away

Crayons thrown

Away by a child

Lying on the shining hematite

Plastic

Hot and slowly buried

Sky is gone

No escape

Alone now

Rest

Muse

Found

In the dust

It was all a dream.




2 Comments:

Blogger The Alien Drummer said...

Im not much of a poet, but i liked this one, better than anything i could write. Its kinda different in a good way

4:34 PM  
Blogger Tracey said...

he he... silly boys... I thought this one was supposed to be lined up all weird... that at least gives it an aesthetic quality...
Hey... i still have a mark on my arm where I donated blood... sorry... random thought, it's too early...

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home