Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Hey, it's been a while....sorry about that. I've been rather busy. So here's an old one. I wrote it in...10th grade maybe? Something like that, I think. I wrote it because....I don't know, I guess I wanted to try my hand at pretty or something. Anyway, this has had like four titles over time, but I decided simpler was better so that's what I settled on. So here it is.

Dreaming

I rode to the sky and back on a horse called Moonlight

Her frothy mane imitating the sea

With a voice as pure as whalesong

And a grace like dolphins at play

We ran on the sand in the darkness

Feet never touching the ground

And feasted upon the starlight

With raindrops to wash it down

Ah to clothe myself in cloud linen

Never spun by mortal hands

The softest silk is as sand paper

When compared to those iridescent strands

Walking away, not speaking, eyelids drooping

In the forest of crystal trees

Glowing with some soft inner radiance

Almost too beautiful to look upon

Sap of sweetened chamomile

Flowing pleasantly on the tongue

With pillows of silver moss and vanilla mist on the air

We slip slowly away through the fog

Perchance lost, never caring, for this place alone is safe

Drifting away, so far away, and suddenly not wanting to go

Too late to call out

Too late to stop

In my square box of a room I open my eyes

Feeling lost, confused, alone

Then a soft breeze fans my face

And I look up to see my window open, the clear moonlight beyond

And my ears catch at some distance, the fleeting echo of a whinny

I smile with the memories of this serene night

But as I turn back to sleep a distant question touches my mind

Which land have I left and into which am I entering

Am I waking up…or could it be that I am just beginning to dream?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home